Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Retro Photo #2: The last time an El Nino year winter came lurking......



The last time I endured a warm,split jet El Nino winter I went nuttier than a fruitcake and I can feel the mania coming on as we speak. For the past 5 days we have been at 37.5 degrees. A couple times I thought my temp gauge was shot, I mean how can it be 37.5 degrees all day, all night and do that for five days? UGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGHGH. No snow in sight for the foreseable future either, like until Jan.....
Anyway Brian Mohr took this shot one warm winter in VT, about two days after a dump that did not totally create what most skiers call a base but what the hell, it was white, it was cold and it was fun. I think I am holding a stick instead of poles, I am not sure why but I do remember it being a very long epic tour that went no place in general and ended up where we didnt want to be.......

No comments: