Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Wooden ski category race at Sibley. Thunder Bay


http://www.woodenskis.com/
So after my ugly experience at the Governers Cup I was lamenting the fact that I have paid for an entry to the Sibley Race in Thunderbay this March. While sitting in Dave Larsons sauna the other day however, I was told that there is actually a wooden ski category at the Sibley! Hey what a great way to make me ski slower, not try and race and still get in a 50km ski. I has just recently come across a pair of Kongesberg Race 200 wooden skis at a thrift store for 10 bucks and was wondering what I would do with them. So my question is this. If you are doing the "wooden ski" class does that mean you need to use oild school boots and bindings too? Does it mean that you need to use bamboo poles as well? In any case check out the wooden skis site it has somce great history.

No comments: