Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Blog back-stock Mount Timpanogos







In Mid Feb. I headed out west to visit with friends and family (they seem to meld together these days) and of course to get some skiing in. For the first time in years I was able to hook up with Guy Evans and utilize his knowledge of the Wasatch. I was totally stoked to find out that I had landed in time to join a tour with he and some buddies while the hit Mt.Timpanogos, possibly one of the best ski tours in the Wasatch. It has it all, high Alpine Exposure. Moderate technical skiing, steeps, gullies you name it. It was also cool because I was also able to ski with Cory Salmela on his first real alpine descent. At the top he was a tele skier, at the bottom he was a SKIER in full. Looking at the pics you can see the triangle shaped face we skied the lookers left all the way down the spine.

2 comments:

samh said...

Oh those tracks are just so b e a u t i f u l !!! Thank you for sharing, Hansi.

Binner said...

Great Pics Hansi! Wow! And it's a bonus to see pics of Guy--I really miss seeing him! Also way to go on the sauna-it's amazing!