Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Single Speed Freak hamstrung by evil disease


For the past few years I have been keeping an eye on the CreepyFriendly site. Maybe it is because Jesse LaLonde races with his brothers and as a team they really kick some keister. Maybe it is because Jesse rides a sweet single speed 29'r and is the only person ever to win the Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival on a single speed. Although it could also be that he has really cool art, and really cool photography on the site as well. In any case, when I looked into the results of the 40 there were only two Lalonde brothers on the list. Break down? Bonk? Choke? Whats the story so I went to Creepyfriendly and was bummed to see this article about Graves Disease. As a guy who is about to go in for a life changing procedure in a few days I can understand the pain that comes with being held back by a medical condition beyond your control. I wish you the best Jesse LaLonde and hope there is a way out of that stuff for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hansi: Good luck with the "procedure." I got me a feelin' that itz gonna go good fer you!!!!!!!!!
Thinking of you,
Charlie