Thursday, December 16, 2010

Retro Grandpa photo

So as a few of you may know, deer hunting has always been a big thing in my family.  That was mainly due to my grandfather.  I mean the guys nick name was "Buck" so go figure.  Today I am getting ready for a powerpoint presentation I have to do with the MN DNR and I was looking for pictures of people who influenced me to go outside and I found this old tattered photo I inherited when grandpa passed away.  A military man to the end, this photo is most likely from his time fighting in the Pacific.  It makes me smile to think that even when the worst was going on, my grandfather still appreciated being outside, even thousands of miles from home in a hostile place, he managed to get these guys together for a moment of fun and tradition.
"Buck" holding the hind quarters.

No comments: